Sunday, March 27, 2011

Ellen Page on Real Time {Vanishing of the Bees}

*disclaimer= I'm aware this isn't fashion and or style focused but I quite frankly don't give a darn about that (hee)*

For this late night feature post, I would like to present to you this great video of Ellen Page appearing on Real Time with Bill Maher recently. She is currently staring in the dark comedy Super (which I unluckily missed out on at TIFF) and I believe there are some US dates coming up soon (no Canadian ones that I can see as of yet), so check that one out for sure.

In the video posted below, Ellen speaks about a documentary called the Vanishing of the Bees, which she does the narration for.

Now, just as an aside .. I've loved this tiny Canadian girl ever since she made this statement:

I am a feminist and I am totally pro-choice, but what's funny is when you say that people assume that you are pro-abortion. I don't love abortion but I want women to be able to choose and I don't want white dudes in an office being able to make laws on things like this. I mean what are we going to do - go back to clothes hangers? [in the UK newspaper The Guardian, responding to being asked about the controversy aroused by her role in Juno (2007)] c/o Imdb

My love only continues to grow for her as she discusses amongst the panel the alarming rate of bees disappearing, while also pointing out the disconcerting primary focus the public has with the economy vs. the environment and failing to see how these two go hand in hand. She really conveys the urgency of the matter detailed in VotB well and truly gets the message across how action must be taken quickly (or the consequences will be astronomical - the effects can already be seen).

All in all.. I love her and here is the video & a bonus cute pic from the upcoming movie Super (if it gets taken down, you can also find it at Ellen Page Online):










No comments:

Post a Comment