Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Sapphire Lights, Sapphire Nights



For some reason or another, Blue seems to be the colour of choice for New York Fashion Week this year. Maybe it's just me and my old crazy brain, but the theme of blue seems to be popping up quite a bit on the runways, so why not take a page out of that book and come up with my own tribute to the best of the best in the rainbow (not a huge leap for me, blue has been my fave since childhood *shrugs*)?

Let me tell you, the cardigan is something of a mystery to me. I bought it awhile back as a last minute -throw in the online shopping cart to top off your order so you make it worth it to spend that kind of money on international shipping- item, and it has taken me months to finally put it on. It's beautiful enough, but the shoulder cream puffs (as I call them) put me off a bit while viewing it person vs how it looked to me online. But see, the whole point of getting this blog started in the first place was to get me to take a second glance at my closet and experiment with the wardrobe I currently have. To get out of my comfort zone a bit, and to have a little fun creating looks together. Looking at it now, I don't think it's so bad and I love the little embellishments on the cardigan that you can't see at first glance.



Cardigan: ModCloth

Necklace, earrings: Le chateau

Stockings: AA

Mo

2 comments:

  1. Great outfit lady!!

    PS. the blog looks great, and I think your a natural:)

    xx
    amelia
    http://inthepinkofthings.com

    ReplyDelete