Monday, April 11, 2011

Sprinkle Lightly

This dress is actually a lot more vibrant than captured, but unfortunately time was not on my side and I had to take pictures quickly with a backdrop that I know how to frame in a shot.



Sometimes sunlight can be a glorious thing to behold for pictures, but if you still don't know what you're doing with your camera (and where to position yourself when using it outdoors), it can potentially wash you and beautiful colours right out (with assistance of your flash).

Yeah, yeah..whine, whine, whine. I'm done...I swear.

This is a happy dress, I must say. You can't help but feel like a little girl in it with the bright colours swirling around. Yes, I understand I'm a functional, working adult in society and I should think/act like one ...but still. The only down side to it, as per usual with most of my dresses, is that it's still too short for me. When you're over 6 feet, finding dresses that don't need the assist of tights are few and far between...oh dear I'm whining again aren't I? Ok, now I'm really done.



Dress: Suzy Sheir

Tights: AA

Hat: Le Chateau

Shoes: Aldo





Mo

4 comments:

  1. hey thanks so much for your sweet comments! this dress is adorable and perfectly springy :) and i love the white tights too, something i normally don't

    ReplyDelete
  2. All right, lady, back up a second. Over six feet?! You can wear ANYTHING! Yep, I'm a wee bit jealous.

    Also, the dress doesn't look too short! It seems to be just the right length on you. The colours are fantastic. Definitely a perfect spring dress. And I love it with the hat. You look just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No problem Amelia. Your blog is lovely. The funny thing is that the tights are grey..but it was hard to capture that..ah well.

    Jenny... I wish I believed that. I truly do. If I could get you in my head for one day, you would see how I agonize over dress lengths. I'm such a stickler about my legs and what if's. I'm quite crazy about it and it drives my friends nuts. But thank you so much for the compliment (you're quite lovely too)..I would trade places with you any day..I could actually wear heels!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can definitely understand how maddening that must be. I'm frequently frustrated because everything is too long for me! I would love to have long legs! But I know the grass is always greener. At any rate, I think you should flaunt 'em. You always look fantastic and you probably make many a girl jealous with those gams!

    ReplyDelete